Richard Chu is an investment analyst at Saga Partners where he seeks to find high-growth, highly asymmetric investment opportunities. How Richard ended up at Saga Partners is anything but traditional.
Chu didn’t have much investing experience after graduating college. Yet his passion for compounding wealth and knowledge boiled over into his first public investment write-up: Livongo (now, TDOC).
Richard’s first write-up caught the eyes of Joe Frankenfield at Saga Partners. This led to a conversation and eventual job for Chu at the firm. Now, Richard spends his time scouring the markets for new ideas.
I loved this conversation as we covered a lot of ground. Our focus was on a few key topics:
- GoHealth (GOCO)
- GoodRx (GDRX)
- Healthcare Investing UnHealthcare (Book)
Here’s the time-stamp:
- [0:00] Who is Richard Chu?
- [10:30] Why Healthcare?
- [13:40] The Journey to Zero to One in Finance
- [16:50] What is it like working for Saga Partners?
- [19:40] Go Health ($GOCO)
- [38:40] $GOCOs Competitors: Walmart
- [48:40] Thinking About Valuation
- [1:02:00] Richard’s Next Ideas
- [1:13:50] A Day in The Life of Richard Chu
- [1:16:00] Closing Questions
If you’d like to learn more about Richard, check out these links:
***Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on this podcast is in any way, shape or form to be construed as investment advice. The guest on this podcast may hold positions in any/all names mentioned during the podcast. This is not investment advice and investors should always conduct personal due diligence before investing in any security. Past performance of any funds mentioned are not indicative of future returns.**