Jamie Catherwood is a Client Portfolio Associate at O’Shaughnessy Asset Management. He’s also the founder of Investor Amnesia. Investor Amnesia is passionate about bringing the world of financial history to life. Jamie’s passion for history started at an early age, and in his eyes, is a family affair. His father loves history. And his grandfather was a historian by trade.
Jamie provides a weekly read for subscribers every Sunday filled with financial history literature, stories of human psychology and bubbles gone by.
From reading Jamie’s content one thing is certain: markets change, humans dont.
Our broad-ranging conversation dives into the history of railroad stocks, Cicero the value investor, and Jamie’s latest research course.
Check out the time-stamp below:
- [0:00] Who is Jamie Catherwood?
- [18:00] The First Value Investor
- [25:00] History of Railroad Stocks
- [39:00] Are Tobacco and Energy Stocks the Railroad Stocks of Today?
- [40:00] Investing Across Different Countries and Time.
- [50:00] Investor Amnesia: Bubbles, Manias & Fraud
- [1:02:00] More from Jamie and Closing Questions
If you liked what you heard and are interested in learning more about Jamie, check out these resources:
This episode is brought to you by TIKR. Join the free beta today at TIKR.com/hive. They’re constantly releasing new updates that make the platform better including a new Business Owner Mode that hides share count, market cap and enterprise value. I couldn’t be more excited to partner with TIKR.