This episode is brought to you by TIKR. Join the free beta today at TIKR.com/hive.
Richard Howe joins the Hive for the second time! It’s our first guest with a second appearance and we’re stoked to bring you this conversation.
This episode is IDEA HEAVY and features 5-6 new spin-off ideas for you to research, study and add to your watchlist. Rich dives deep into the following spin-offs:
- Otis Worldwide (OTIS)
- Carrier (CARR)
- Ecolab (ECL)
- Madison Square Garden Entertainment (MSGE)
- IAC/Interactive (IAC)
- Match Group (MTCH)
- Kontoor Brands (KTB)
- Howmet Aerospace (HWM)
We also discuss shorting micro-cap stocks, Rich’s friends asking for stock gambles and how Rich finds interesting, low-risk arbitrage situations in the markets.
Here’s the show outline:
- 3:25 – Recent Spin-offs (MSGE, OTIS, CARR, ECO)
- 5:14 – MSGE Bull Thesis
- 11:24 – How To Capitalize Lease Payments
- 17:40 – MSGE Pre-Mortum
- 22:03 – Otis Worldwide (OTIS)
- 24:25 – Carrier (CARR)
- 30:00 – Normalizing Cyclical Earnings
- 34:35 – Ecolab Spin-off Arbitrage
- 45:54 – Howmet Aerospace (HWM)
- 52:30 – IAC/Interactive & Match Group (MTCH)
- 68:11 – Front-Running an ETF with Kontoor Brands (KTB)
- 76:10 – Shorting Micro-Cap Stocks (ZOOM)
- 83: 45 – Position-Sizing Shorts
- 88:25 – When Your Friends Ask For Stock Gambles
- 91:00 – Closing Questions
As always, thanks so much for listening! If you like what we’re doing, please subscribe and leave a rating and review wherever you’re listening. It goes a long way.