I had the privilege to chat with Moses Kagan, founder of Adaptive Realty. I call Moses a Deep Value Investor in LA Real Estate because that’s exactly what he does.
Moses finds beaten-down, ugly, overlooked buildings in Los Angeles, CA. He buys them, does a complete gut and renovation, and rents them out at attractive rates of return for his investors.
While not an investor in public equities, Moses’ analysis of cash flows, determination to find great deals, and knowledge of the power of relationships applies to any investment field.
During the podcast we dive into the following topics:
- Who is Moses Kagan? [0:00 – 6:00]
- Why Moses Hated Working For Someone Else [16:00]
- Why Moses Chose Real Estate [28:00]
- Moses’ First Few Deals [35:00]
- The Power of Long-Term Relationships [60:00]
- How To Quickly Value an Apartment Building [85:00]
If you want to learn more about Moses, check out these links:
If you liked the episode and like what we’re doing on the show, please leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. It goes a long way in helping spread the word about The Value Hive Podcast.
Student of value investing for over 13 years spending his time in small to micro-cap companies, spin-offs, SPACs and deep value liquidation situations.