This week we’re stoked to have Chris Barto join The Hive. Chris is a former investment analyst at a boutique RIA in Pittsburgh and current founder of Fiducia Investment Research LLC. Chris runs a concentrated, transparent, and in-depth research service covering high-quality businesses with durable competitive advantages. The site is perfect for people who are interested in learning about different businesses, read market commentary, as well as develop a place to interact with other investors who are willing to put in the time to read and learn.
During our hour-long chat, Chris and I discuss the absence of valuation in today’s investing framework, how Chris developed his own investment philosophy, an overview of Mitek Systems $MITK, and his short-term options swing trading system.
This episode is brought to you by BullpenCareers.com. BullpenCareers.com is a job board exclusively for finance jobs. If you or someone you know is looking for a job in finance, check out BullpenCareers.com today!
Here is the time stamp:
- 3:12 – Working At Boutique RIA Firm
- 13:34 – Making The Decision To Start Fiducia Invest
- 26:40 – Bad Investment Idea: $CSCO
- 37:09 – Mitek Systems $MITK
- 43:28 – Options Swing-Trading Strategy
- 50:36 – Just Doing Shorter-Term Trading
- 56:09 – Long-term Vision For Fiducia Investment Research LLC
- 58:37 – Closing Questions