This week we have another returning guest, Thomas Bachrach! Thomas Bachrach is PFH Capital’s Principal and an OG Value Hive guest! He focuses on esoteric, off-the-beaten-path micro-cap companies, and on this episode, he shares two of his latest investments: Kaspi ($KSPI), a Kazakhstan fin-tech business, and Allegiance Coal ($AHQ.ASX), an Australian Coal Company.
He also shares how he finds, researches, and manages companies located in different countries, and the investment mistakes he made in 2020, and what he learned from those mistakes.
- [0:00] Who is Thomas Bachrach?
- [4:00] What is PFH Capital’s Strategy?
- [5:30] 2020 Mistakes
- [13:00] Managing Investments in Different Countries During Covid
- [17:00] Why not invest in China?
- [23:00] How to Find Companies in Different Countries?
- [26:00] Investments in Malaysia: $MYEG
- [32:00] Investment Thesis: Kaspien ($KSPI)
- [43:00] Kazakhstan: The Asian Geneva
- [50:00] Why Kaspien is so cheap?
- [1:01:00] Investment Thesis: Allegiance Coal ($AHQ)
- [1:23:00] Closing Questions
If you want to learn more about Thomas or his strategy at PFH Capital, check out these links: