We’re stoked to bring you this week’s guest: Tobias Carlisle. Tobias is a Renaissance man in the investing community. He’s written four books, captains two podcasts and runs two ETFs. Along with that he’s a husband and a father to a beautiful family.
Tobias is usually on the other end of these interviews.
We chat about ETFs, daily routines, Berkshire Hathaway, asking better questions and more!
Here’s the show outline:
- [2:12] Tobias’ Daily Routine
- [4:01] The ZIG ETF
- [9:21] Accounting For Negative FCF
- [13:06] Trusting The Process During Uncertainty
- [16:02] Hertz $HTZ
- [18:22] CNBC and Buying Mentality
- [22:07] Randomness in Investing
- [24:05] Why Tobi Started an ETF
- [31:19] That Time Tobi Toured Google
- [39:35] Don’t Watch The Market
- [40:31] What is Tobias’ Edge?
- [45:41] Developing a Mental Edge
- [50:28] Tobi’s Mt. Rushmore of Podcast Guests
- [54:40] The Trouble w/ Paying For Growth
- [59:51] Closing Questions
If you want to check out Tobi’s book, click the links below:
Student of value investing for over 13 years spending his time in small to micro-cap companies, spin-offs, SPACs and deep value liquidation situations.