We’ve made it to a huge milestone: 20 podcast episodes.
We couldn’t have done it without you, our listener base. Y’all keep the lights on and help spread the word about what we’re doing.
For our 20th episode, we chat with Brent Beshore, CEO and Founder of Permanent Equity.
We’re living in unprecedented times. COVID-19 is wreaking havoc on our day-to-day lives. It’s shutting down businesses and entire economies. We don’t know when we’ll return to “normal”. And when we do, we don’t know what that new “normal” will look like.
In this episode I ask Brent to flesh out some of his latest essay pieces on mental models, cutting expenses and the new normal for life and business.
Here’s the podcast timeline:
- [0:00 – 6:00] Introduction
- [7:00 – 18:00] Cutting Fat, Muscle and Bone
- [20:00 – 30:00] Intricate Challenges Small Businesses Face
- [35:00 – 42:00] Capitalism & Eminent Domain
- [43:00 – 47:00] Permanent Equity’s Safe Harbor
- [57:00 – 59:00] The Benefits of In-Person Meetings
- [60:00 – 65:00] Why We Might Not Get a V-Bottom
- [66:00 – 70:00] Faith & Getting Back To What Matters
- [71:00 – End] How Brent Structures His Day
If you like what we’re doing with the podcast, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
Also, check out our free, weekly investing newsletter. We deliver actionable value investing content straight to your inbox. Every Wednesday. For Free. Forever.
Student of value investing for over 13 years spending his time in small to micro-cap companies, spin-offs, SPACs and deep value liquidation situations.