Better late than never, right?
On Episode 18 of the Value Hive Podcast I chat with Fil Zucchi. Fil is an independent options trader and former bankruptcy lawyer. I first met Fil at last years ValueX Vail Investors Conference.
Fil brings a unique look to equity and credit markets. He expresses his thoughts and opinions through options trading. He’s a market veteran with over 30 years of experience.
Here’s the crazy part: in 30 years of trading, Fil’s never seen markets like the one we’re in now.
We dive deep into options trading, balance sheets, bond markets and what to look for in troubled companies. Fil provides insight into why credit markets lead equity markets, and how equity investors can leverage bond markets to gain additional insight.
- [0:00-5:00] Introduction and Background
- [6:00-11:00] Why Credit Leads Equity
- [12:00-20:00] Understanding Capital Flows in Credit Markets
- [21:00-26:00] Current State of the Credit Markets
- [27:00-38:00] Deep Dive into Options Trading
- [39:00-49:00] LEAPS & Using Options on Value Stocks
- [50:00-58:00] Lessons Learned From Best & Worst Options Trades
- [59:00 – 109:00] Why Equity Investors Should Follow Bond Markets
- [110:00 – 113:00] Lessons Learned from Days as Bankruptcy Lawyer
- [end] Concluding Thoughts & Last Question
If you want to learn more about Fil, or follow his thoughts, check him out on Twitter @FZucchi
Thanks for listening. If you like what we’re doing, please leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
Student of value investing for over 13 years spending his time in small to micro-cap companies, spin-offs, SPACs and deep value liquidation situations.