Ryan Reeves is the founder/CEO of InvestingCity.org. InvestingCity.org was built around one idea: save time and boost returns. Ryan started the business in 2016 after writing a newsletter for his friends, and realizing the gap in solid, financial analysis for the every day investor. Reeves’ passion for investing began early, around the age of 12. After graduating Pepperdine, he worked at Morgan Stanley, The Motley Fool and Seeking Alpha.
I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with Ryan. He’s humble, honest and full of compounded investing knowledge.
Here’s what we discussed:
- [0-14min] – Ryan’s background
- [15:00] – How Ryan Started InvestingCity.org
- [25:00] – The State of Financial Education in America
- [30:00] – Ryan’s Research Process
- [50:00] – Ryan’s Thoughts on Charlie Munger’s DJO Meeting
- [53:00] – How Ryan Thinks About Valuation
- [56:00] – Ryan’s Worst Investment
- [60:00] – Costco’s Business Model
If you want to learn more about Ryan (or InvestingCity), check out the following:
If you like what we’re doing, leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
Student of value investing for over 13 years spending his time in small to micro-cap companies, spin-offs, SPACs and deep value liquidation situations.